Thursday 18 December 2008

Biffy Clyro - The Academy, Dublin (15.12.08)





Was at the Biffy Clyro concert on Monday night and I have to say it was awesome. I am generally not an enthusiastic person so I don't say that lightly; it was easily one of the best gigs i've been at. They are so energetic live, you really get into it. They sound amazing as well; really tight (so J Mac and Seagoe say anyhow, I don't have a clue what it means!) I checked youtube for clips from it and have found this one. The rest of the concert was a lot heavier but I am posting this as it covers 2 acouctic songs he did in the middle - Folding Stars and Machines. They were pretty special; Folding Stars is about Eleanor(the lead singers(Simon)mum)who died a while back. Must be weird for him to hear the crowd singing her name back at him. The clip is all the more relevant as it is recorded from right beside where we were standing, I even think I know the girl who recorded it. It's up in the VIP area, don't know how we managed to get up but it was great not having to be in the middle of a mosh pit! Anyway, enjoy......

I was hoping they'd play this track, it's off their Blackened Sky album and it's called Christopher's River. This is from another gig.........

Asides from the two first 2 acoustic songs above my favourites of the night would have to be Now I'm Everyone and Justboy. Here is Justboy, flipping lethal I tell thee!!



Here are a few videos off my phone, not great quality unfortunately. You may pick up on the soothing tones of John and I doing BV's in the 2nd video....



4 comments:

J-Mac said...

you should check my blog sometimes... might stop you posting the exact same videos!!

nevertheless was glad to share a great night with you!

Tim Parks said...

The exact same? So you have got the videos off my phone too?? You think we sound good?

zico said...

mighty!

J-Mac said...

i mean the justboy (one word!) video.

yeah we sound amazing!